- 80% of cardiovascular disease can be pr evented by lifestyle changes.
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) refers to any disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- The most common are heart disease, strokes, heart attacks and heart failure.
- CVD is the leading preventable cause of death worldwide.
- The development of CVD starts in childhood.
High cholesterol is one of the most important risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
Know your numbers:
Most people with high cholesterol feel perfectly healthy – there are usually no warning signs, which is why it is sometimes called a ‘silent killer’.
The only way to find out is to have a blood test. See if you qualify for a complimentary test at Synexus. CLICK HERE
Information supplied with permission of Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa.